February’s Top Stories on Contemporary OB/GYN®
Did you miss the top stories? Modern OB/GYN® this month? Find out about these remarkable stories today.
10. Risk of rheumatoid arthritis with endometriosis
Results from a population-based cohort study showed that patients with endometriosis were almost four times more likely to develop rheumatoid arthritis than patients without endometriosis.
9. Association of prenatal ultrasound findings with neonatal outcomes
A poster presentation at SMFM’s 42nd Annual Pregnancy Meeting found abnormal ultrasound results in more than half of the pregnancies of women with confirmed cases of COVID-19.
8. The effect of the double burden varies depending on the type of insurance
The researchers extended previous findings showing that the double burden of maternal mortality and preterm birth differs depending on a patient’s insurance type and category.
7. Combined oral contraceptives for patients with rheumatoid arthritis
A narrative review examined the efficacy and usefulness of combined oral contraceptives in women with rheumatoid arthritis.
6. S4E1: New RNA platform can predict pregnancy complications
Mirvie’s breakthrough RNA platform reveals the biology of every pregnancy.
5. Statin use in middle-aged women
A peer-reviewed article on midlife statin use – risk assessment, lifestyle advice, side effects, and medication management.
4. Choice, effectiveness and risks of contraception
A review examined the various factors to consider in contraceptive counseling, including patient preferences regarding methods, effectiveness, and bleeding patterns of different contraceptive methods.
3. Exploring the maternal gut microbiome during lactation
The researchers presented their oral summary of the potential link between lactation and the gut microbiome during SMFM’s 42nd Annual Pregnancy Meeting.
2. Supporting transgender and gender biased individuals in reproductive health care
A panel at SMFM’s 42nd Annual Meeting highlighted implicit biases and opinions on inclusive language, and ways to promote inclusivity and support for transgender and gender-balanced individuals in women’s health.
1. Screening for early gestational diabetes in women at risk for gestational diabetes: a randomized controlled trial
While covering SMFM’s 42nd Annual Pregnancy Meeting, our editorial team heard from researchers about a study evaluating whether screening for early gestational diabetes (GDM) is associated with improved perinatal outcomes.